Thursday, August 25, 2011

State of the Union. Post Two

1. of the artwork that you have done, what is your personal favorite piece? Why do you like it?

The most current pieces that I made in landscape drawing. (post photos later) I think the concept is crap (humans bathing in nature. kind of boring) but I really like the technique that I used. It was a larger format than I am use to doing, I began to see what the brush was capable of doing.

2. What piece do other people like the most? Do you agree? Why do you think they like it?
I think the piece everyone like the best is a figure study I did titled "Ted". And I kind of agree, and disagree. The reason why I think it is everyone's favorite is because the cheek area plays a of trick of the eye, making the viewer believe it is a plane, however then the viewer realizes its a drip falling down the paper. Brings the viewer in and out of the picture plane. It was an experiment that I haven't been able reproduce very easily

3. What piece surprised you the most?



I swear on this day, it was like watercolor clicked*. I had been fighting this medium for so long and then one day I am all like hey, this is how it works and I succeed. In this piece in particular the flating patters contrasted the smoothness of the glass dolls face and hands. Again a kind of duel playing of the viewers perception of the picture plane.

5. choose any five doodles or sketches that you like as much as any of your final pieces.

 Sophomore Year
 Sophomore Year
 Junior Year

  
Sophomore Year
 Junior Year


No comments:

Post a Comment