Monday, August 29, 2011

State of the Union. Post Five

1. If you had to spend the rest of your life illustrate one book, what would it be? Why?

Charlotte's Web. Because, quite simply, I could illustrate a story about a pig until the day I died.

2. If you could go apprentice with any two artist's in the history of the world, who would they be and why?

Van Gough.
I love this man and his master over brush stroke and color. I think I would also just love to have a chat with him about literature

Hokusai
I mean if I want to learn how to wood block print, why not just learn from the master. I think I would apply it to my art in a Mary Cassett kind of way. Maybe my answer is both of them?

3. If you were banned from the art world, but could have any career you wanted that wasn't in art what would it be? why?

Writer on themes within pop culture....most likely.

4. Describe the project you would propose, in detail, under the following circumstances (describe what it would be, how would you spend the money, how would you schedule the time alloted, and how would the work be [resented upon completion?)

1. You have one month and one thousand dollars.

Large scale (40X50) guasch painting, on handmade paper. Most of the money spent on paper making tools and guasch tubes, along with whatever is left over for brushes. try not to spend more than a week making the paper, and 3 weeks putting brush to paper.

2. Six months and ten thousand dollars.

a series of paintings applied onto stained wood, inside antique frames. I would later use these finished pieces to create a series of handmade books. 1-2 months on painting, 3-6 month of book binding and factory lining. Money would be spent on normal art expenses, but also enough to hire an assistant to help me with the book binding process.

3. One year and one hundred thousand dollars.

Large scale instillation. either in a museum or in a public park, but a large optical illusion blue box. From the outside it's a small blue frame, however when one walks into the space it becomes bigger on the inside. It makes the viewer feel like they have stepped into another deminsion. Most of the expenses will be spent on materials, and mirror technology. The instillation will have to be built on the spot, in the upmost secrecy


No comments:

Post a Comment